1. The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“the Government”) is concerned to ensure that all personal data submitted through the Hong Kong Population Policy website (this website) are handled in strict adherence to the relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (PD(P)O).Collection of Information
2. This Government will record the visits to this website by using cookies and page tagging without collecting any personal identifiable information of users. Such general statistics are collected for the compilation of statistical reports and the diagnosis of problems with or concerning computer systems to help improve hkpopulation.gov.hk.Provision of Personal Data
3. For different purposes and at different times you may be invited to provide personal data to the Government through this website on a voluntary basis. Personal information may include name, telephone number, mailing address or e-mail address. The Government will specify the collection purpose and intended usage of your data when it invites you to provide such information and advise you how you may request access to or correction of the personal data provided.
4. Unless permitted or required by law, the Government will not disclose your personal data to any third parties without your prior consent.Search Service
5. Search service on this website is provided by an independent contractor of the Government. We are advised by the independent contractor that it does not collect personal identifiable information while serving search results through this website. The independent contractor will share the anonymous data it collects through the search service with the Government for compiling traffic analysis on government websites. The Government will not match the data obtained from any such search activity with any personal data possibly held by the Government.